My husband and I decided to buy a cute lil' gas station "Collbran Creamery" in the very small town of Collbran CO. We decided to do the move after visiting, and realizing how beautiful it was and how amazing the people are. Not to mention my husband's parents and some of his siblings live there as well! We have always wanted to own our own business and a gas station seemed perfect. Did I mention we would be living on top do the gas station? Yep! The house is right on top, so no more driving to work and dealing with traffic. We can just walk right down stairs! This is another reason we chose it, because now as we plan to start our own family, we can not only have independence, but we can be together all the time as a family.

We have big changes in store for us as we pack up and move to this cute lil' town to work for ourselves, be closer to family, and start one of our own! I hope to put it all down here so you can all keep up with us!


Thanks for reading!

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Day ONE of working for ourselves

I woke up knowing I had to finalize packing and address changes etc all day. I found  myself filled with exuberant amounts of anxiety, in front of the bathroom mirror staring at myself thinking "WTF are you doing? Your leaving this 1 yr old home you just built exactly how you wanted it, a city you have lived in for ten yrs, where most people want to be, with everything imagine able at your fingertips, and most of all, all of my amazing friends that are like family to me; for an 85 year old gas station with a house on top, in a small teeny tiny town where there is only one restaurant that serves breakfast and lunch, and then my gas station that serves pizza for the town." Then I quickly snapped out of it knowing I was doing the right thing for myself and my family.


The day went by with me not getting everything done before I went to my going away dinner with my amazing co-workers who are actually like family to me and the people I will miss most in LV.



I can't wait for us to get to Collbran and settle in, to get to know all the amazing people in the town. People there are so nice, hospitable, and non-judgmental. That is a big thing in Vegas, is people are just not as friendly. They barely look at you to smile, and if they do look at you they don't usually smile unless they know you.



So at the end of the day.... I am extatic!   Collbran, HERE I COME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment