My husband and I decided to buy a cute lil' gas station "Collbran Creamery" in the very small town of Collbran CO. We decided to do the move after visiting, and realizing how beautiful it was and how amazing the people are. Not to mention my husband's parents and some of his siblings live there as well! We have always wanted to own our own business and a gas station seemed perfect. Did I mention we would be living on top do the gas station? Yep! The house is right on top, so no more driving to work and dealing with traffic. We can just walk right down stairs! This is another reason we chose it, because now as we plan to start our own family, we can not only have independence, but we can be together all the time as a family.

We have big changes in store for us as we pack up and move to this cute lil' town to work for ourselves, be closer to family, and start one of our own! I hope to put it all down here so you can all keep up with us!


Thanks for reading!

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Day 7 and closer to heaven!

I am sitting on my couch, next to the lovely fire my husband and I started, drinking my yummy tea as I write.
     I woke at 7:00. A whole hour early... Why? Cause I felt like crap and my body was killing me. So I got up, had breakfast and popped two Tylenol. Just a healthy bowl of cereal nothing too exciting.. However my dog Paco loves it! It is his favorite time of day. I only give him some because it is healthy and he is so picky. After breakfast Tony was up and it was time to get ready to go downstairs to the store and talk to Sammy (the previous manager) she is training us, and I am so thankful as she is VERY smart and knows her job so well! She went over two pages of different vendors such as Pepsi, Fritos, all the way through fuel and utilities. I must say it was fun. She brings her three year old with her who is just so adorable and so well behaved. (I will get pics up when they load for me btw). Just as we were about to leave and go see Angie our realtor, she came walking through the door with our closing figures. They ended up being more than we had anticipated due to paying the insurance up front for the year and 3 months in advanced to go towards next year, which caused us a bit of stress. Thankfully we managed and were on track to close at 4pm.
     From there Ernie, Tony's dad came by while I was cleaning the crap out of the dishwasher, mind you it is from late 80's early 90's so it was nasty,and fixed our garbage disposal which is the loudest thing I have ever heard! But thank god it is working. The house is getting there, but I still have a lot of unpacking to do.
     From there Tony and I left as we had to get to Grand Junction to get our cashiers check and then close on the business. When we got to the bank we ran into some trouble which was quickly resolved by out lovely banker and her coworker so we only arrived a few minutes late to the closing.
     At the closing Tony and I sat on one side and Fran (previous owner) and Angie on the other with the Sue from the title company at the head. It was great and only took about 1 and a half hours. Upon leaving Angie gave me a beautiful bouquet of flowers and gave us a wonderful card. We couldn't have asked for a better group of people to be working with on this. She also found out I am an aesthetician and told me Collbran could use one... Hmmmm
     Tony and I had not eaten since 7:30 am so we were going to eat! By this time I had been eating jolly ranchers from the middle of the table to tie me over. We decided to go to the first place we saw and ended up at Red Robin. Neither of us had been there in years. I had some sort of blue cheese burger and he had a chicken burger. Pretty good. No beer for me as I am still sick and didn't want to dehydrate myself anymore than I already am. This place is sooooooooo dry!
     On the way home it began to snow at first Tony said we were in Star Wars hyperspeed! Lol. It really does look like it though. It was the first time we had driven in snow I about ten years, so naturally we were excited and nervous. The snow looked like confetti in the sky. Perfect for the night we just had. When we noticed snow was starting to stick I gave him a quick quiz on what to do in case we slide.  Just for fun... But then a few mins later, what happened? We slid.. Just for a sec but it was scary. We were so nervous for a few after that. But as we drove down the powdered diamond road, I began to feel as if I were in a winter wonderland.
   When we got home there was a knock on the door. It was Joey asking if the pumps were working. :) so we all went outside in the fresh snow with Princess (our other dog) and then went Into the store for the first time with our keys to explore! Fun with all the lights off. From there, we started our fire that I am sitting in front of, took an Epsom salt bath to relax with some tea, and am now on the couch writing to all of you.

At the end of the day, we are now officially business owners working for ourselves! WTF! How did this happen? FINALLY

No comments:

Post a Comment