My husband and I decided to buy a cute lil' gas station "Collbran Creamery" in the very small town of Collbran CO. We decided to do the move after visiting, and realizing how beautiful it was and how amazing the people are. Not to mention my husband's parents and some of his siblings live there as well! We have always wanted to own our own business and a gas station seemed perfect. Did I mention we would be living on top do the gas station? Yep! The house is right on top, so no more driving to work and dealing with traffic. We can just walk right down stairs! This is another reason we chose it, because now as we plan to start our own family, we can not only have independence, but we can be together all the time as a family.

We have big changes in store for us as we pack up and move to this cute lil' town to work for ourselves, be closer to family, and start one of our own! I hope to put it all down here so you can all keep up with us!


Thanks for reading!

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Day 11 day 1

Day 11 is the first day I've wrote in a blog.  I'm taking over for Kamee this evening.  And Quite a day it was.    Went to bed still sick after 11 days of moving and adjusting to this life.  Tired of being sick.  Today was by far the best for me though.  I've been feeling better and better.
I woke early today.  4 am. Once again I couldn't stop thinking about so many things.  I also couldn't stop coughing.  So I took some Nyquil.  Woke again at 8 am and felt great.
Surprised by my improvement in health I was anxious for the first time ever to get going on things.  Our days have been nonstop since we arrived.  Actually nonstop ever since Dec 20th when I got the call that we were getting the property.
Well we've been very busy everyday with busy work.  Lots of it. Constantly working on one thing or another.   And at the end of the night I always seem to take a hot bath in Epsom salt the heal my wounds :) The baths help me relax and go over my day, my emotions, my attack for tomorrow and hopefully finally wind down.  I then try to sleep stuffed up and coughing.  It always seems to worsen later in the evening.  Like right now :(  Oh well, I think I'm getting better.
Back to today... like I said, I woke early and got started right away.  I really wasn't sure what to do and where to begin since there is so much..  So I started in behind the counter.  Pulled everything out vacuumed and
After starting one thing it led to another and we found an endless amount of stuff to clean.  My mom, dad and Joey came down.  My dad has been there everyday.  Plowing the parking lot then he helps fix and clean and  do whatever it is that needs to be done. Awesome Pa.
Well, as we were cleaning everything we started redecorating.  Moving all sorts of things around.  Then my dad went home and got some old country-like things from his house.  I won't go into detail but they were perfect.
Upon rearranging and hanging my dads things, the place started looking really good. We kept cleaning like crazy.  My mom and Kamee were hitting the kitchen hard while my dad was power washing the front.  Great team today.
After finishing Kamee made us grilled cheese and tomato soup.  Ma and Pa asked us over but we were exhausted. Well,  Kamee was cooking dinner and we didn't have enough butter.  So for the first time I walked downstairs and got it.  It was so convenient, lol.  We ate dinner and finally have time to relax and think about things. On that I'll say goodnight.
I mu5t 5ay I have rather enjoyed writing thi5.  I hope to do it again 5oon.  If you have read thi5 then you 5ee the 5's a5 s'5.  Everything you write today, write your s'5 with 5's and write that anyone that read'5 your 5's ha5 to do it. thank'5 for reading

1 comment:

  1. How exciting Kamee! You all are so awesome! Love ya, Cary

    ReplyDelete