My husband and I decided to buy a cute lil' gas station "Collbran Creamery" in the very small town of Collbran CO. We decided to do the move after visiting, and realizing how beautiful it was and how amazing the people are. Not to mention my husband's parents and some of his siblings live there as well! We have always wanted to own our own business and a gas station seemed perfect. Did I mention we would be living on top do the gas station? Yep! The house is right on top, so no more driving to work and dealing with traffic. We can just walk right down stairs! This is another reason we chose it, because now as we plan to start our own family, we can not only have independence, but we can be together all the time as a family.

We have big changes in store for us as we pack up and move to this cute lil' town to work for ourselves, be closer to family, and start one of our own! I hope to put it all down here so you can all keep up with us!


Thanks for reading!

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Day 6

Holy moly!
I didn't do day five because it was such a loooooong day. We unloaded all of the furniture (Tony and the boys did the bulk of it of course). Then we had to go to our storage unit in Grand Junction, which is an hour away. We are storing most of our furniture until we remodel which will probably be spring. I had hired two guys to help us since our furniture is solid wood and heavy as shiz. After changing the time on them 3 times and arriving late, we finally got started. The guys were great so smart and so nice. It is so great to meet such nice and hospitable people all the time. Unloading all of the furniture from start to finish took about 9 hours. All of this in the 18 degree weather. By the time we were done, I felt like my knee caps were frozen and I was going to snap them if I bent them. I was pretty much brain dead from exhaustion and lack of food when I realized the lock we had would not work for the unit.  Off Susan (my mother-in-law) went to go get a lock while Tony and his dad took back the uhaul. We followed that with dinner at the Texas Roadhouse. All I really cared about though was having a nice cold beer! That I must say was the best part of my day. From there Tony and I hit the hay on our mattress on the floor in the middle of our living room.  It was kinda fun.. Like a sleep over or something.. How ever I could not get my body to warm up since I had been out in the cold all day, and I ended up getting sick and having a horrible sleep.

At the end of day 5, I was too beat to have any sort of epiphany

Day 6

I woke up feeling like shiz and decided to stay home to get stuff done around the house while Tony went to Grand Junction to do a ton of stuff for the business. I basically played housewife while he went to work.  Susan came by and brought us breakfast from Twisted Sister, the only place that serves food and they only serve breakfast and lunch. It was very good I must say. They make everything themselves including the tortillas for their breakfast burritos. Other than that I did not eat all day as I was so engulfed in getting stuff done and clean. When you move in to an older home there is a lot more to clean.  By the time Tony got home it was 6:30 and I was shocked.  Time flys when your ..... In a chaotic mess.
     Then Susan arrived with groceries (she is a life saver;) just as Joey and his friends had to see the place and help us move any additional items we had.  All the kids were so sweet. Gotta give credit to the parents. Raising kids in a small town may have more benefits than I thought. From there we went to the parents for some homemade chili! I could definitely get used to that.
     Tony and I came home sat in bed and I blogged.  The funny thing is, is he reminds me to do it. It is 10:30 amd I am going to bed. Hopefully I wake up feeling better than I do now. Here's to waking up @ 8am!

At the end of the day, I am so glad to have moved to the peaceful, quiet town of Collbran. I love being here in my old cozy place and being close to Tony's family.

No comments:

Post a Comment