My husband and I decided to buy a cute lil' gas station "Collbran Creamery" in the very small town of Collbran CO. We decided to do the move after visiting, and realizing how beautiful it was and how amazing the people are. Not to mention my husband's parents and some of his siblings live there as well! We have always wanted to own our own business and a gas station seemed perfect. Did I mention we would be living on top do the gas station? Yep! The house is right on top, so no more driving to work and dealing with traffic. We can just walk right down stairs! This is another reason we chose it, because now as we plan to start our own family, we can not only have independence, but we can be together all the time as a family.

We have big changes in store for us as we pack up and move to this cute lil' town to work for ourselves, be closer to family, and start one of our own! I hope to put it all down here so you can all keep up with us!


Thanks for reading!

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Day 4 The BIG day

     Well, today was it! Woke up feeling great with no regrets, only having to do miscellaneous things. Our friend and neighbors offered to make us all breakfast so we could eat and run. Talk about amazing! They made the best almond crusted French toast I have ever had amongst other yummy things. All through breakfast I couldn't help but think about all I would be missing out on with them and all of my neighbors, and also wishing I could have had more time with them. (We tend to take advantage and not appreciate things that we have until they are gone). But at least they will be life long friends "lifers".
     Right before we left we walked through once more to make sure nothing was left behind and then shut the door for the last time. I had mentioned earlier to Tony, that now that the house was empty I was ready to go and move forward. As I stood there hugging Tony and facing the house I began to cry with the realization that this was it! To leave something that was so perfect for me. To finally have everything that you want in one spot ex. New house, great neighbors and friends, every place you could possibly need or want to go at your fingertips. Going to dinner or a movie would only take me maybe 10 to 15 mins to get to, will now take me an hour. There is no place for us to go to dinner other than our kitchen or our pizza from our store since we are the only ones to do food in the evenings. So just remember, when you are going out and complaining that it is too far.... You don't have to drive an hour.   I got in my car and cried the whole way through the neighborhood. But once I was out, I stopped. From there on out I was driving on my own, so it was me and my 2 cats and 2 lil' Chihuahuas.. It was great until I had two of them on my lap. They all seemed to rotate and take turns.

     The drive was long but scenic and gave me even more time to process the whole "crazy" new life style we are getting into. I started realizing that I am gone, really gone. I am not away for the weekend and coming back in a day or two. There is no tomorrow for me in Las Vegas. But there is a next time. ;) I am still not quit sure if it has all hit me yet.

     As I climbed higher in elevation I couldn't help but think as if I was climbing higher to my bigger and brighter future. By the time I got into Collbran it was 9pm and very dark! It is so dark here that you want to drive with your brights on ALL the time. The sky's are so clear and beautiful, there are no city lights to drown out the stars. I welcome being engulfed in the cold dark blanket of Colorado!


     At the end of the day, without risk you gain nothing! Although I am far away from home. I am actually home. Here's to getting settled in Collbran!

1 comment:

  1. Aw Kam! This seriously brought tears to my eyes! I'm so ecstatic for you and Tony! I've always admired your courage and perseverance to take on life and accomplish the things you want. You guys are seriously an inspiration and I can't wait to see pics of your new place and hear more! Love and miss you and wish you two the best of luck! xoxo - Janell

    ReplyDelete