My husband and I decided to buy a cute lil' gas station "Collbran Creamery" in the very small town of Collbran CO. We decided to do the move after visiting, and realizing how beautiful it was and how amazing the people are. Not to mention my husband's parents and some of his siblings live there as well! We have always wanted to own our own business and a gas station seemed perfect. Did I mention we would be living on top do the gas station? Yep! The house is right on top, so no more driving to work and dealing with traffic. We can just walk right down stairs! This is another reason we chose it, because now as we plan to start our own family, we can not only have independence, but we can be together all the time as a family.

We have big changes in store for us as we pack up and move to this cute lil' town to work for ourselves, be closer to family, and start one of our own! I hope to put it all down here so you can all keep up with us!


Thanks for reading!

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Day 10

     Finally felt good this morning! Woke up to Tony coughing up a storm @7:30, so I went to grab him some medicine and from there we just stayed up. I made pancakes and as I was setting the table, I saw 5 deer out the window so I went on the front porch to take a pic as they walked past my place. While we were eating, I decided we should go to Main st. and stop in some of the stores to introduce ourselves, since we needed a part to hook up the dryer. This is very important to me, to start making friends etc. so we went to ACE Hardware and get this... They asked if we wanted to fill out a "credit application" not the credit card type, a "TAB"!!! Like back in the day when you could go in a store and say "just put it on my tab"! Crazy!  That means we have to continue that at our store. All the stores around here do it, and apparently it's not good not to I guess. I honestly am loving living in a small town so far. It's like CHEERS... I can here the theme song now as I picture walking down the street and saying "Hi" to everyone. Haha. It was great meeting people, and after that we went back and Ernie hooked up the dryer!
     For me it was just more unpacking. Mostly closet organizing and unpacking the few boxes I had left. Oh yeah, and clean, clean, clean. Tony and his dad worked inside the store and outside. They did a great job. The inside looks so nice, clean and organized. Next thing I knew Tony called me down and we had the journalist from the local paper here to ask us some questions to write a small piece on us.  They were so sweet and genuine. It was a lot of fun and will definitely help us get the word out. Then it was back upstairs for more cleaning, and Tony and his dad did more down stairs.
I feel like this is one of the dirtiest places I have ever been. I am cleaning so much. Before we bought the owner used to rent it out to hunters and such.. Which explains the dirtiness, even though it was cleaned by someone before we came in. Once I decided I was done for the day, we had some misc stuff for dinner and are now having a relaxing time to ourselves.

At the end of the day... I am such a mountain girl, and love my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment